About Behavioral Health Connection
The Behavioral Health Connection (BHC) is a joint initiative between the Pennsylvania Department of Aging APPRISE Program and the Behavioral Health Community. BHC's role is to ensure that mental health consumers have appropriate access to the APPRISE Network and other Center for Medicare & Medicaid Customer Service Programs. BHC offers technical assistance to local APPRISE Programs to support mental health consumers in obtaining necessary Medicare Services to meet their mental health treatment needs, especially prescription drugs.
- Assists consumers in accessing necessary behavioral health Medicare/Medicaid services, especially medications by linking consumers with resources
- Resolves case referrals pertaining to inability to access behavioral health medications
- Educates the behavioral health community about the APPRISE Program and how to access services
- Advocates for consumers to access Medicare/Medicaid services
- Provides technical assistance to the APPRISE Program on behavioral health issues
- Identifies system gaps in service provision and service needs for behavioral health consumers
- Collects data from behavioral health consumers and APPRISE counselors to create system improvement
- Develops collaborative relationships with the behavioral health community.
We are hiring!
We are hiring a part-time program coordinator for the Behavioral Health Connection program! This position is NOT a telecommute position, requires the candidate to have access to his/her own vehicle to travel to outreach sites and will be based in our office (Harrisburg, PA). Candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, retain and apply relevant Medicare/Medical Assistance policies and information to resolve case referrals. Candidate will be proficient in standard corporate software packages (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook) and will have excellent organizational skills. This position requires an individual with a passion for helping others, ability to learn quickly, and excellent presentation skills. A majority of case referrals will occur via telephone but this position also requires community outreach with presentations to stakeholders. Click here to view the job annoucement.
Interested candidates may submit resume + cover letter to Kristin Champlain (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Fax: 717-370-6019.
Deadline to submit: Friday, December 20, 2013.
No phone calls, please.
Behavioral Health Connection
Hosted by the: Pennsylvania Behavioral Health & Aging Coalition
525 South 29th Street
Harrisburg, PA 17104