Geriatric Education Center (GEC) Case Review CallsGEC Case Review is a regularly scheduled audio conference series targeting ideas and solutions for working with older adults with behavioral health issues. The series serves as a forum to discuss complicated cases with cross-system needs.
The Coalition offers a monthly audio conference to provide easily accessible technical assistance to the Aging, Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol Systems individuals who work with older adults.
- 90 minute audio conferences
- A Case Review Form is completed by anyone wishing to discuss their case
- Prior to each call, the Case Review Form will be sent to participants with discussion points
- During the call, participants questions and provide feedback and suggestions for how to address the complex situation presented
Interested in participating?All calls are from 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm. The dates of the next calls are:
- October 16, 2013
- November 11, 2013
- December 11, 2013
Contact Linda Shumaker if you would like to participate or for more information.
- The conference calls will piggy-back onto the Grant's proposed conference calls to specific counties in the Fall (Westmoreland), during which an Advisory Team of Inter-Professionals (Geriatricians, Pharmacist, Geri Psych Nurse, Geri Social Worker, and Geri Physical Therapist) will consult with the counties' team of professionals from Aging and Mental Health on a complex case. During this discussion (first 45 minutes of the call -- 12:30 to 1:15)) your telephones will be muted but you are welcome to listen to the advice from these professionals regarding the case submitted by those specific counties.
- During the second 45 minutes of the call (1:15 to 2:30), we will conduct the Geriatric Education Center Case Review (formerly ICCS). The GEC Case Review will function as ICCS had. Anyone may participate and send in a “difficult” case for feedback. The Case Form is appears below.
- In order to participate in the Case Review a demographic form must be filled out. We will post this form as soon as the 2013/14 version has been released. This is a form that is required by HRSA (Health Resources and Services Administration – the Federal agency for improving access to health care services for people who are uninsured, isolated, or medically vulnerable). Even though you may participate in every call you only need to complete the Demographic form one time!
- There will be Online Sign-up Survey for each conference call you intend to participate which will be sent out the week prior to the call.
- You will be asked to answer ONE Question Online after participation in the call as to whether they learned anything new and how it is going to change your practice.
- The NEW Call-in number is: 1-866-740-1260 access code 6499766
Interested in presenting a case?Please click here to download the Case Review form and email it to Linda Shumaker.
GEC Case Review Resources:
GEC Case Review Minutes: